Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm still here

Wow. So I've really neglected this thing. Oops.

I'm currently watching Batman Begins, so I can go watch the new one some time this week, but in more exciting news...

I'M GOING TO SEE THE X-FILES MOVIE AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY (or Friday, technically). I am super excited about this. You really wouldn't have any idea unless you, too, where an X-Files fan back when it was still on the air (not including the last 2 seasons), or knew me in middle school when I was obsessed with this show.

Nothing too exciting has happened in the last month. I've gone out downtown a few times with friends from the master's program that I'm currently in.  That's usually pretty fun. I invariably hear songs that I heard at The Backer, and it makes me sad. 

My roommate has been making me work out with her lately. So that's good. I guess I started back up on Friday really. I've also been laying out at the pool a little bit, which I don't normally do. So, I've gotten some sun, and it's weird to think that I could be even WHITER than I am now, which is still extremely pale. We went to the TCU stadium and ran stairs today. That. Is. Difficult. Like, it was difficult to drive my car after that. With the gas pedal and clutch and all.

Oh yeah, my car.  So I had to pay 1017 dollars or so to get my car fixed today. I took it in yesterday after about two months of my engine light going on and off occasionally. None of my gauges were showing anything weird, so I figured I had some time. Anyways, I took it to the VW dealer yesterday, and apparently the fan was broken on my water pump. And my thermostat and temperature sensor were broken, which is why I couldn't tell that there was a problem. So that was fun. And expensive. 

So I had to pay for that right after I bought a plane ticket online to go to the Michigan game. I don't know why I do these things.  Well, I do. They're fun. And I figure, I want to go to that game more than I want to... say... buy a 250 dollar dress, or spend 250 dollars at the store. So why not? Getting a job would probably be a good idea...

Anyways, so Sunday was fun, because Julie, Bethany, Susie and I went into the same chat room and all talked to each other in the same window! It was great. I think I couldn't breathe for about half the time because I had forgotten how hilarious we are. I would have posted a chat transcript here, but the freaking AIM chat doesn't save but like, the last 5 minutes of the conversation. I'm kind of getting angry thinking about that. 

Anyways, we planned a wedding during our chat, so hopefully you'll be invited to that. Heh heh heh.

Ooh. Alfred and Bruce are looking at plans for the Bat Suit. Cool. 

I never thought that I'd be that inconvenienced by the fact that I can only DVR two things at once, however, this is proving to be kind of annoying. Like right now, I'm watching Batman Begins, which I recorded yesterday, but I'm currently recording Secret Life of the American Teenager. However, I would have liked to record Leno, because Gillian Anderson (aka Scully from X-Files) is on it tonight.  I had to cancel that recording, as well as Colbert, which isn't a big deal because he reruns like, 5 times tomorrow anyway, but still.

Wow. I kind of feel like that last paragraph was like when everyone in The Office was betting on how long Kelly would talk about Netflix.

So on that note, I shall end this entry, and hopefully blog more regularly from now on. So my brother won't criticize me.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow...I think you've told me about everything you wrote about in your entry. It's like when Susie tells a story in real life that she wrote about on her blog.

Susie said...

Hey. There's nothing wrong with that. Some of us don't get to talk a lot so we forget what we wrote about in anticipation that it'd never come up in conversation, ok? Geez.

Haha.

Yay for a real post from Katherine!

"RATTLE THE CAGE"