Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Musings

My dear friend Mary got me thinking about blogging in high school, so I went to check out the ole' Live Journal. Firstly, I have a mysterious missing post about the high school prom...but I think maybe it was made private to protect the innocent. Or rather, guilty in this case. I also noticed that I am a really horrible writer. I wonder how I even got into college, and more importantly, how I managed to pass the classes that involved writing assignments. There really isn't much in the blog from high school because I started it on the last day of school. I would have liked to reminisce about the person I was then. I wonder if I've changed much?

Lately, I've been worried about the economy. I can't help but picture a Great Depression-like scene of executives jumping out of offices and soup lines that go around the block. Apparently no industry is immune, except maybe healthcare and education. I mean, kids still need school and sick people, hospitals.

I think I am starting to get into my winter slump. Yesterday evening was spent sitting in front of my computer wasting time and eating hummus. That. Was. All. I can't wait til summer, or at least increased sunlight! (Did I mention that I had to work in darkness today because the light above my desk was out? Fun times.)

2 comments:

Susie said...

I think McDonald's is probably safe, too, for awhile at least.

My verification word is "fuslyze". I like that word. I think it should be real.

Oscar said...

I can only hope that food is recession/depression-proof.

My verification word was burayery. I will use it in a sentence: Julie showed extreme burayery when she jumped out of the way of a hobo's runaway shopping cart.