Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Ramblings

So I took this quiz from Susie's blog. I think it somewhat describes me. Actually, maybe surprisingly well...




You Are Mayonnaise



You tend to be a very quiet, introverted person.

You're happy to sit back and let stronger personalities shine.

You value loyalty and harmony. You try to bring people together.



Your taste in food leans toward simple comfort foods.

You love holiday meals as well as old school favorites like mac and cheese.

You get along with mustard and ketchup personalities. You have an unlikely alliance with hot sauce personalities.



Last night I went to the young alumni pub crawl, which was pretty fun. My complaints, though, would be that the bars they chose were not super spacious, causing crowding and difficulties getting drinks. Oh, well, it's all good, I still had fun. I had a chat with some NDnation posters and realized that I'm pretty lame. I further realized I was even more lame when I mentioned to one of the posters that I was friends with band kids and engineers. I am a nerd, no question.

Speaking of nerdy, I am reading a book called "The Elegant Universe." It's about, well, the universe and all its mysteries. It basically talks about all sorts of deep physics things like the relativity theory and quantum mechanics and things that people with crazy hair or robot voices think about a lot.

I am watching Wayne's World 2...and Christopher Walken is in it. Can you imagine marrying Christopher Walken? That would be so weird. He is super creepy. That's pretty much all I wanted to say about that.

I went to the Hangge Uppe with a bunch of people last night. I would dare say it was one of the more fun times I've had there, and I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps I was in the perfect mindframe for it. I actually spent a decent amount of time upstairs, with the rap music and such. Although I'm not a huge fan of that type of music, it was generally stuff I'd heard of, which was nice. I also noticed that the ceiling has interesting decorations, such as upside-down mannequin heads and a cartoon dinosaur.

Today has been a lazy Saturday, the first in a very long while. It's kind of nice not to have anything to do, but I think I would maybe like to do something later. I really need to clean up this place. It's sad how small my place is and how I still can't manage to keep it clean. Maybe I do need a roommate or someone to motivate me. I would like a roommate, but I do enjoy having my own bathroom. Hey, for anyone interested (and who actually reads this), my building has studio apartments open if you are looking for some place to live in the Chicago area. Just a thought!

Well, I guess I have successfully written about nothing. I'll end it with a song that I very much enjoy for many reasons, one of which is that it's SUPER CATCHY! I bet John McCain would like it, he seemed really excited about Mamma Mia when I saw him on a talk show a few months ago.

No comments: