Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just another lonely Sunday (shout out to Phil, who I am pretty sure does not read this.)

So I just set up my mutual fund. You know, went on the website and specified how much I would like to contribute per month. If I double my percentage that I am putting in (assuming that my salary is the same, which hopefully it will increase throughout my life) I can be a millionaire by the time I retire! Now, this actually makes me uncomfortable. At this point in my life, I do not feel ready to plan for the future. The main thought is, what if I don't live that long? Why save money that I won't even be able to use? Everything seems so uncertain at this point in my life, and with the economy the way it is...well, I don't know where I will be in five years, much less 40+ years from now.

In non-financial/me over-thinking things news, I bowled what was most likely my highest score ever. I went with Wazi, Allison and Erin. Allison was an experienced bowler, so she was giving Erin and I tips, which I think contributed to my performance...that, or the beer. I kid. Anyway, when I called my mom today and told her, she laughed at me. You must understand that my mom is pretty un-athletic and was very small when she was in her bowling league back in the day. You would think that a larger person, like myself, would have an easier time at throwing a heavy ball down a lane, but I guess this is not the case. Oh well. I will be happy with my score, even if she did make a crack about how I don't need to know how to score strikes because I never get them. Hit a little bit too close to home.

I had McDonalds for the first time in who knows how long. I generally avoid the place, except when faced with it in Italian train stations, or after drinking at a German beer garden. My "premium" chicken sandwich was actually kind of tasty. I mostly ordered it because 1. it was chicken and 2. you got Monopoly pieces. Not that I'll be going there enough to actually win anything, but I did get a coupon for Footlocker.

Last night when I got home I watched this movie called "Hard Candy" which starred Ellen Page (who played Juno.) I enjoyed it, but it was kind of disturbing/gross at times. Well, I guess they never show anything gross, but it is alluded to in the movie. Very suspenseful and artistic cinematography. Here is a link to the trailer if you are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBnm1xhM7I

Ok, so Star Wars episode IV is on (the first one), and I just saw this horrible scene with a badly-rendered CGI version of Jabba the Hut. Gross. Who thought that would be a good scene to add to the movie? I liked large latex suit version of Jabba. Speaking of large latex suits, the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles movies were on TV today, and the third one uses terrible turtle outfits. They look too cartoon-y and have random age-spot looking things on them.


And well, I think that's all I've got. Maybe Ponge will update sometime. We'll see. Want to watch something funny?




I thought it was funny, but maybe only because I have seen people re-enact this many a time at work (which resulted in a couple of broken brooms at the movie theater) or in the backyard, or in various other situations. Yeah, people I know are weird.

No comments: