Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where did the last year go?

Seriously though. What just happened?

This is my one year anniversary (give or take a day or two) of moving to Chicago. It feels like it's been awhile, but at the same time, senior year seems like only yesterday. I guess it is interesting to think of the new friends I've made, and all the new things I've experienced, and how I am kind of a part of this new city now. At the same time, however, I'm not sure if this is truly my HOME yet. It takes time, I know.

I guess a lot has happened since I've blogged last. Visits, parties, games, trips to Germany...you know, the usual. This week I feel semi-nostalgic. I miss Germany (ok, I was there a few weeks ago, but it was so pretty and green and European!). I miss GSP (that should be starting soon). I miss running around Louisville, and I miss walking around ND. I'm not sure what made me think of these things, but good times. Oh yeah, I also miss my friends. I guess. (let's see if any of them even read this anymore...)

Ok, on to real life. I am getting excited about moving out of the teeny weeny studio and into an apartment with a BED and a BEDROOM and ROOMMATES! You underestimate the roommate until you live on your own, and suddenly feel 100x more lame for staying in and being lazy. At least with roommates you can stay in and still be semi-social! Man, having my own bed will also be really sweet. You take it for granted. But I guess it makes travelling and actually staying in a bed that much more exciting! (Wow, I sounded really Pollyanna-like there.)

I am also excited about the nice weather (whenever that will happen!) because it means opportunities to go to the beach! That is the one thing I still can't believe about Chicago...the beach is pretty legit! I hear it's supposed to rain this weekend, though. Boo.

Two exciting recent activities were Maifest (like Oktoberfest, but in May!) and trivia night. The first trivia night was better than #2, mostly because we kind of sucked the 2nd time around. Oh well, there is always next week! And Maifest was cool because, well, beer, brats, and lederhosen. You get the picture.

In other news, I am now working in a very large building on a fairly high floor, and now have a desk next to a window, which is pretty nice. I find myself taking pictures more often than is normal. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but for now it's new and exciting!

That's really all I can think of to say. Sorry this entry was all over the place, but I felt like I should give some sort of overview of my life. I mean, I guess it doesn't matter, but FOR THE SAKE OF THE BLOG! THE BLOG MUST GO ON!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I see your future bed every day. It's right by my front door.

I also am looking forward to having roommates... I mean, I have one now, well not anymore as of today, but we had such different schedules that we really didn't do that much together... Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was in Chicago a lot, or not in town or whatever.

Some of your friends still read this. I guess I don't count though. Since I write on it too. Heh.

Susie said...

I don't read this blog. Ever.

Oscar said...

am i your friend, or a creepy guy who reads your blog? i was just pondering about the past year on the drive home. its so crazy that its been a year since we've graduated. and so many more to go.