Monday, September 8, 2008

Great Weekend? Or Greatest Weekend?

(Hey Rory! Look! I'm updating since you say we don't do it nearly enough.)

I'm not gonna say greatest, cause things can always get better... like.. you could get to the backer at a reasonable time and have longer than an hour there...

Here's the return of Julie and I blogging about the same things. I hope you're ready for this.

By the way, I have a test in 7 hours, and I haven't really studied for it. Well, that's a lie, but I definitely haven't studied sufficiently for it. I shall start after I blog. I think this might end up being the second all-nighter of my life.

So I left my apartment at 4:30am on Friday to get to the airport in hopes of flying standby on the 6am flight to Chicago. I got to the front desk place at 5:15 (by the time I parked and everything) and was able to get on the flight, which was boarding right then. I was selected for additional screening! That sounds like I won something. I'm thinking it was probably 'cause I wanted to fly stand-by? I don't know. Anyways, I followed Julie's excellent directions to her apartment, and was finally reunited with my #2 speed-dial.

I was greeted to a beautiful sight of Susie sprawled out on the air mattress, looking lovely as always. We hung out in Chicago for a bit. Watched some Jon & Kate + 8 and Wife Swap while Julie and Susie showered, ate an eggplant sandwich, got a free iced berry tea, shopped for birthday cards, gave Susie an anime name (Su-San), you know, the usual. Spiderman met us eventually and we got on the road to South Bend! (After some minor difficulties... heh heh)

We listened to his free trial of satellite radio, the 80s station mostly. When we got to South Bend, we broke into Dave's apartment while he wasn't there, and dropped off our stuff, since Mary was at the pep rally, and thus not in her dorm room, where we had decided to stay. Multiple showers. That was the selling point. Anyways. We hung out there, had some drinks, Julie went off to "post-rally." The rest of us bought sandwiches at J.J.'s (not fish and chicken) and then took all our stuff over to Farley. That was strange. I used to live there.

Moving on.

Friday night started out at Dave's apartment? We hung out there for a while, then went to drummer's circle. No comment on that. Ha. I'll let Julie do that one.

We left drummer's circle for The Backer. We stood in line there for an hour before deciding to leave in order to at least have some time to hang out and stuff. Dave said we could go to his apartment, but he had to stay because "people inside need to see [him]". Yeah. I'm not sure about that. Hahaha.

When we got back to Dave's apartment, people were sleeping on the floor, so obviously that plan was ruined. We stood around outside mumbling and grumbling for a bit. At least Julie and I did. I asked Phil to take us back to campus and we ended up taking a detour by The Backer... noticed the line was non-existent at this point, and decided to go in at 2am. It was totally worth it. I think Susie had some of the best quotes of the weekend starting with:

"I forgot how good these were!"

in reference to a Purple Rain. Me too, Susie... Me too. We saw the old leprechaun there. He like, unbuttoned his shirt and was being weird and trying to get in our pictures. It was funny. I got a lot of beverage spilled on me... or maybe spit on me. That was gross. Thanks, The Glove.

'Oh What A Night' came too soon, as it always does, and we got a ride back to campus and went to bed in Farley. I slept in a different room than Julie, Bethany, and Susie, so they came and woke me up in the morning at like 9 something so we could get a good start on tailgating. This was pretty early for us, since we used to get up at like noon on game days. Yeah I know. That's kind of sad.

Anyway... I'll let Julie fill you in on Saturday and Saturday night. And Sunday I guess.

So I'm going to study for my test now. And I'll leave you with some selected quotes from one of our chat logs from a few weeks ago:

Julie: oh man, today i was at this restaurant, and they sell muffin tops
Susie: hahaha
Katherine: hahahha
Susie: that makes me think of girls who wear too-tight pants
Julie: but they are just the tops, they don;t make the stumps
Katherine: i learned from the "that's what i call the new milennium" what that was
Oscar: i wear too tight pants
Julie: which defeats the purpose
Katherine: yeah they sell those at panera
Susie: ew
Katherine: i was going to say pottery barn
Katherine: but that's not true
Oscar: too tight pants?
Katherine: hahahaha
Katherine: no..
Susie: there was an episode of seinfeld about that
Katherine: muffin tops
Susie: "top o' the muffin"
Julie: what about pants?
Julie: ohh
Oscar: i didnt know panera sold pants
Susie: hahahah
Bethany: they donated the bottoms
Susie: yep
Julie: top o the muffin TO YOU!!!!
Susie: and then got yelled out
Bethany: haha
Susie: SORRY!!!
Katherine: ohhh i remember that seinfeld
Katherine: hahahaha
Susie: um..yelled at
Katherine: hahahahaha
Julie: neuman ate the muffins
Katherine: wow
Katherine: i am NOT studying
Bethany: are you ever?
Katherine: studying sucks
Oscar: should u be?
Katherine: i have a test friday
Susie: that's why i graduated
Bethany: i'm not studying either
Katherine: this is much more fun though

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hahaha oh man. Good times.

I must correct you on something, though: The comment I made about the Purple Rain, that was on Saturday. I didn't have a Purple Rain on Friday. Sadly.

Katherine said...

Actually.. I think you had a sip of mine and said that.