Monday, August 25, 2008

The Prophecy

So a week ago or something I had this dream that I was buying hair products. I remember in the dream that I was confused because I thought I already had the stuff? I don't know. I was probably buying some like, pomade or something. Anyways. Saturday, I went to NorthPark, AKA the best mall in the world. At least in Texas. According to me. I decided to stop in the Aveda store because I needed some of this red conditioner that I used occasionally, then I remembered that I needed some other things for my hair, since I got it cut and wanted to try out a new style.

I got into the store, felt really overwhelmed because all their products have weird names, and aren't very self-explanatory. So eventually this guy that worked there helped me out. He showed me this magical powder that adds volume. It is truly amazing. It like, dissolves in your hair and feels cold... its kind of strange. So I ended up getting that, some humidity protectant stuff which also protects your hair from the heat, and some smoothing stuff. To stop the frizz.

Before this, I went to the MAC store with my friend and got some unnecessary items including eyeshadow, concealer, and some makeup brushes. And I bought a necklace. It's nice, but I never wear stuff other than that one silver necklace I have, and sometimes I think for a second that I'm wearing mardi gras beads. But then I look down and am reminded that its not.

So that night, we went out for my friend Jessica's birthday. She's 23. Man. We're getting old. Haha. We went to a Mexican restaurant, which is like, the only kind of restaurant I've been to in the past week when I've gone out for dinner. That's Texas for you. So inevitably, margaritas were consumed. I think I told Julie that since I've been back in Texas, I've probably had more margaritas than I ever did in South Bend. Not that I have a LOT here, but they're just very accessible... and they're a lot better too. Haha. I better not talk too much about alcohol in case someone ever does an extensive background check on me. Heh heh.

Friday night, we went out in Fort Worth. Some Irish-themed place where draft Killians was 2.50. I was inordinately excited about that. I mean, its no K's (1.25!), but it was still pretty cheap. And better than Bud Light or Miller Light or whatever. So that was good. I may have to go back there.

My mom came in yesterday afternoon for a few hours. That was interesting. She had a layover at DFW so I picked her up and we got some food and she took a nap. FUN! The food I got was delicious though. Pizza. It was like, pesto and mushrooms and spinach and feta. Mmm.

I stayed up too late talking to people online. Probably the only people that read this blog were in the chat themselves. Sooo yeah. We started reminiscing on old times, and planning weddings and whatnot. Haha. I was laughing really hard the whole time, and I think my roommate thinks I'm crazy. Anyways. So I'm really tired. I was falling asleep in class this morning, so I didn't really pay attention and was kind of wondering to myself why I was even there if I was just going to sleep and/or do crossword puzzles. Eh. Who knows?

My electric bill was once again around 300 dollars. That's ridiculous. It's not like I keep the place freezing either. Seriously. I've been trying to keep the A/C set at like, 78 or something. I don't know if I should get it checked or not. I probably won't because I'm lazy like that.

So this weekend begins the month of traveling for me. Road trip this weekend to see family. The next TWO weekends I'll be at ND, and the next one I'm probably going home. We'll see about that one though. I might not be able to handle it. I'm really looking forward to having a test the day after I get back from the SDSU game. NOT.

I put some pictures of my apartment up on picasa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/KatherinePongetti/ApartmentPictures

So you can check those out if you want. I don't know why I didn't put them on facebook. Whatever. Actually. That's a lie. I do know why. It was because in the event that I lose my stuff on my computer again, I can download them in high quality from there. Except that I have my computer backed up on an external hard drive now, so it's kind of unnecessary, but whatever. They just opened an Apple store here though, so no more driving an hour to one. Woo.

I'm listening to Mariah Carey right now. Fantasy. It's great.

Talk to you kids later.

2 comments:

Julie said...

If you lose pictures of your apartment, you could always take them again. Those are the least important kinds of pictures.

Oscar said...

"where draft Killians" should be were. Also, my electricity bill last month was about $25.