Wednesday, April 23, 2008

She's just bein Miley

So, as a response to Katherine's post below, I wanted to go into more detail about our recent adventures. The crawfish boil was cool because we A) got good crawfish B) had some Killians and C) the weather was nice. It was also funny to see my professors there...

So after a little while, we decided to walk over to Will's to get some pizza, as crawfish are not very filling. Solo cups in hand, we traveled across the street to Lafayette, where we enjoyed pizza and talking about "d-list campus celebrities." I think I found a topic for a future post! We later returned to the boil, listened to the band a bit, then walked over to Rory's, stopping in 23 for literally 30 seconds. At Rory's we socialized, etc. THEN we went back to get the cars, and I think we may have ended up at the backer, but I cannot be sure.

The next weekend (because obviously the week doesn't matter...) I went to Chicago on Friday to tour some studios (including the Chicago Tribune, which isn't technically a design studio, but it was cool to see a real paper. Not that the Observer is not a real paper, but I'm sure you get the point.) We had dinner at a restaurant/bar, and I talked to classmates, teachers, and alumni about the so-called real world. When I returned to ND (after a car ride home talking about religion, Rome, etc.) I went to the backer, but it wasn't as much fun as I had hoped. I believe that was the night Phil decided to sleep in my bed, since I had fallen asleep on the futon. It was kind of shoddy reasoning, in my opinion. Fernando and Dave slept over too! It was crazy!

The next day was a day of cleaning, crepes, hockey, oyster bar, and of course, backer. We had a very random assortment of people over for crepe night/hockey watch spectacular. I think the highlight of the evening was Cliff coming to the backer. There were also other sketchy men involved, but since I am no Tucker Max, I will spare you the details.

This past week, I had an interesting Tuesday. It was 80s day in GD3! We all wore our 80s outfits (mine included vintage ND spirit wear), ate fondue, and watched I Love the 80s. Interesting fact: I heard "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" at least three times that day. Once on the way to school, once in GD3 while we were taking a quiz, and then again in Music Through Technology. It was pretty wacky.

A few days later I decided to visit BK in his office, which was probably slightly awkward. He said I should though, and sounded serious at the time. I realized at the moment I visited him that I had never actually had a one-on-one conversation with him. I am such a creep, you have no idea.

Trivia: We came in 2nd. Oh yeah. And props to Susie for being psychic about the CS Lewis question!

This weekend was Blue-Gold. Before we went to the backer, we had some people over, including Phil, Oscar, Mary, Susie, you know, the regulars. We did on-demand karaoke which is always entertaining. Friday night was memorable as we met/danced with/kissed (on the cheek) Dave's old friends at the backer. It was funny to see so many guys in Carroll t-shirts. The other reason it was memorable was that MARY TURNED 21!! And she really seemed to like the backer! I like taking the youngins there for their first times!

The tailgate was cool. We rolled in with our suitcase of booze. There were cheese steaks. I saw people I haven't seen in years. We met spiderwoman. I found out that running while tipsy is a bad idea. I think I won a game of cornhole. I met some guy who posts on NDnation. I said "combination grill" about 30 times. Twas magical.

AND NOW...it is this week. Hooray!

No comments: