Sunday, April 27, 2008

Video emo toga after party

Yesterday was absurd. Well, I guess before I get into that I should mention what we did on Friday. It was Backer, of course, as if you were surprised. I think Mary is a good addition to the Backer crowd because, I hate to admit, the old crowd was getting a little stale. I mean, I like the regulars, but it's nice to have someone new breathe life into it.

Well, on to Saturday. The day started when I woke up at 1:15 or so. After that I was fairly worthless until WVFI came along. It was potentially our last show ever, which was kind of sad, though I can't really fathom it. I think I've become dead inside recently to cope with the end of it all. So afterwards I had the most fun I've ever had in Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering (because we all know how many fun times are had there).

Nick Schott and his computer club sponsored video game night! There was Jimmy John's, Rock Band, chips, and lots of nerdy guys. The only girls who came were friends of either Nick or Jarred (and were not technically in the club...) I really enjoyed Rock Band, but mostly drumming or singing. I kind of suck at drumming, but maybe with practice I could be ok at it. I was pretty good at the singing part. I needed to video tape someone talking about video games for a project, but it was difficult to find willing participants. I had to settle for Dave. Lame.

Soo...after that I went to the store with the Ponge (I had planned to go toga shopping with Mader, but alas, we had no cars). The girl who checked us out was rather chatty, and I am not good with the small talk with total strangers.

We went to Oscar's emo party, which was awesome. Oscar demonstrated his emo voice (which is lower than his normal one, but sounds like any other guy since he kind of has a high voice.) James/Giacomo looked wayyyy emo...it was awesome! He pretty much stayed in character. Bethany wrote some emo poetry, and I joined in. The decorations were funny...emo hairstyles and crappy emo bands. Oscar and I discussed the differences between emo kids and scene kids, and also the strange and annoying practice of bands making really long song titles that have nothing to do with the song.

We came home and changed into togas, which was a bit of a challenge, I suppose. I was pretty psyched about mine, it only involved one safety pin.

We went to toga, which was in interesting experience...from the floor bouncing, to Jesus, to people making out, to candy necklaces, to robot togas (and their unwilling wear-ers), to the cops coming in, firearms glistening.

We decided to head to the backer to salvage our night. It was a pretty fun experience...not too crowded, not too hot, drinks to go around. Someone had the grand idea of a TC after-party, and before we knew it, there was a sad attempt at the world's longest spoon train, popcorn, and the kama sutra. In retrospect, the group was a strange assortment of undergrad girls and CS grad students (with an accountant thrown in here and there).

Sometimes I wonder how this became my life. We decided that there was probably no way we could have anticipated the wackiness of the evening, and I have not even done it justice. I think I'll take a nap because I literally got no sleep last night.

1 comment:

David said...

I have to say, it was a really great weekend all the way around.