Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The last time I freaked out...

So we've received some criticism lately: Susie said we don't blog enough (Ha! She would, have you read her blog? Hehe. I love you, Susie!), and my brother Philip said "it needs action and stories and pictures of people being ridiculous at parties and pictures of terrible looking food you made because you were too lazy to go to the grocery store so you make a turkey pickle remoulade sauce bagel wrap."

So I'm not sure that I can address all his suggestions, but I do admit things could be a little more interesting. So lets see, when did we last write something... Oh wow. Easter basically. That was a fun weekend. Anyways. I can't remember what we did the weekend after that. It probably involved a little establishment across the street (no, not Notre Dame). We went to a crawfish boil a few weeks ago, and I taught Bethany and Julie how to peel them. I was really impressed with their effort and success on what was the first try for each of them. I didn't think I'd get any crawfish this year, but I did so that was cool. Umm that day involved a lot of walking, and we went to Club 23 for the first time. We only stayed for five minutes, and it really wasn't very cool. But I'm not going to say it sucks, because I know plenty of people that say The Backer sucks who I don't believe have given it a fair chance. Haha.

We won 3rd place in trivia at some point in there. I think it was the Thursday before last. That was pretty exciting. We jumped from like 11th place to 3rd place with the last question. Apparently people don't realize that Nevada has a higher percentage of people that work in tourism than any other state.

You know, maybe the recent decline in blogging activity can be attributed to the fact that Julie and I started reading Tucker Max's blog (which is really inappropriate, so if you're not into that, don't bother looking it up) and we realized that ours is entirely uninteresting in comparison. Not that I would want ANYTHING like what happens on there to happen to me, but still. The guy is a good writer. I guess that comes with practice. And its something I really don't like, so maybe this will be good for me!

It seems like a lot of people have already finished their big final projects for the year, or are going to this week. I mean, I know there are a lot that haven't either, but still. I just feel like I have SO much that has to get finished before... you know... I graduate (that feels like kind of a bad word right now), and I don't know how it's all going to get done. I'm sure I'll manage, but I'd like to have some fun in there too, and I obviously haven't deprived myself lately, so I shouldn't really complain too much. Maybe if I cut back on the TV and the screwing around on the computer


-----

So I had that stuff above saved as a draft for a few days.. okay... like a week I guess. Things are pretty busy. I have to decide if I want to do a year-long "Masters of Science in Medical Sciences" program in Fort Worth, which I think I'll do, unless by some miracle I get in to this other school of the wait-list, which probably won't happen, and if it did, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after May 15th.

Senior Design Projects. Are a joke. Seriously. I don't care how much ethanol you want to put in my car, it's not going to solve any world-wide fuel crises. (We're supposed to design a plant to convert biomass to ethanol.. yeah.. exciting)

The Blue and Gold game was this past weekend. It was pretty fun I guess. I don't really like watching the game though - it's really not fun to play yourselves. However, we did get to tailgate, which is always a good time. We were treated to some musical entertainment by two of our favorite trumpet players:





So yeah. We got to meet some of Dave's old friends.. and Susie went to The 'Backer again and actually had fun this time I think!

So anyways... this week, my time will be consumed with working on my project.

Wow... It's almost over.

(Julie will fill in with more exciting things, since apparently I'm boring. :))

1 comment:

Susie said...

See, ok, yeah I post a lot, but geez, it's been like a month! I'm allowed to get on your case for that. Psh. Although I said that would happen when you guys started this blog. I figured it'd fizzle out sooner than later.

But perhaps with this recent spate of posts, I'm proven wrong.