Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hakuna Matata

eh. That's just the song that came on my iTunes on random.

So I guess I don't need to tell you about the weekend, since Julie has filled you in for the most part. I'll see if there's anything I can add...

Friday:

Well. I didn't have class. Which was cool. But I spent all day working on my senior design project. Well. Like 11 to 5ish I think. The math library is nice and not heavily trafficked. That's where we were that day I think. So Friday night we went to the Backer.. cause we weren't thinking that we'd go Saturday. Mary came over with her friend, who was pretty funny, but unfortunately underage, so alas he could not come to the backer. However, once he's old enough, there will be a new "Backer Pole" since this kid is Polish.

Saturday:

Luckily, I did not have to get up early, as my group decided to meet at 1:00pm. We met in Jordan Castle of Science, which is nice. Apparently they lock the doors there pretty early, which was actually nice because that meant that lots of people wouldn't be inside. I took a break to go to WVFI and the computer club thing. I got to play Rock Band, which was fun, but I kind of just like Guitar Hero. Call me a purist if you will, I don't know. And then I was nice and stole food for my cheg friends. But apparently I missed pizza, Susie being awesome at Street Fighter, and a potential Guitar Hero tournament. Anyways, so for WVFI, we actually had more listeners cause the people in my design group listened. I don't know if they regretted that, but we played songs that they requested.

Theeen Julie and I went to Wal-mart. Bought black emo togas. Read about it below.

So emo party, toga party, salvage the night at the backer. All in all a successful evening I guess.

At the emo party, Oscar told us about his Spanglish radio show he used to do. Sounded cool. Kind of like watching a "futbol" game.

I had difficulty getting my toga on. I'm pretty sure I was frustrating Julie. But I drove, which turned out to be a really good thing so she can't get too mad at me.. haha.

It was weird getting to the Backer at like 1:45. I'm really glad we went, cause I felt like dancing (despite what I sing sometimes... hehe) but I wouldn't have wanted to dance at the party we were at, because it was super hot inside, people were kind of a mess, and I just wasn't feeling it. It was strangely not humid and hot inside the Backer on Saturday night. My hair didn't even frizz or anything. WEIRD!

So then, I don't know why we thought it was a good idea to have people over after - probably because we were anticipating a much later night than what it was. I kind of was. Moving on... BK broke my keychain, after he deleted the pictures of Dave and him in their foil togas from my camera. LAME

Sunday:

I woke up at 9:30, which was waaaaay too early. Group meeting at 10. I leave the apartment at 10, drive to Starbucks, order a Venti Non-Fat Cappuccino, go to campus. Then the search for a place to work begins. We initially wanted to work in Debartolo, but apparently they're not open at 10 am on a Sunday morning. Neither is Mendoza. So we ended up in Fitz, and 356 (a classroom) was unlocked! Jackpot!

So then everything was great, except that I was too tired to function. So I slept in the corner of the room kind of behind where the projector screen would come down. So I was napping from about 11 to 1 on the floor. It was slightly uncomfortable, but incredibly necessary. Joy woke me up with Miley Cyrus, which was extremely effective because that song makes me feel like jumping around. Luckily, the one guy in our group wasn't there at the time. I think this may have scared him.

So then I was coherent enough to work on our presentation. At least we're not really doing any more research or calculations. I'm cool with a project with a net present value of -60 million dollars. Whatevs. So I kind of hate giving presentations. Ours is Tuesday morning. At least I go first, and I can get it over with. However, we don't get to use note cards, which I usually use, so I'm going to have to memorize what to say. Oh well. I guess the presentations that I do poorly on are the ones that I don't really know what I'm talking about. And I do think I know what I'm talking about with this one. Soo that should be ok? Now I have to go over my section, and figure out what I want to wear. That's the fun part. I love dressing up in "business" type clothes.

So throughout this whole senior design project, I've had to spend time with people that I don't usually spend time with, and its been really interesting and I'm really glad I had that opportunity. I think sometimes I get really "set in my ways" with respect to the people I hang out with/things I do, that I forget how much fun I can have meeting new people. I'm in no way saying that I don't like hanging out with the people I always hang out with - the opposite really.

I think there was one other thing I wanted to talk about here. Oh. Orientation for this grad school program thing I'm probably doing is THE WEEKEND AFTER GRADUATION! That sucks! But alas, I did major in Chemical Engineering, so I guess I have already established a behavioral pattern of torturing myself. Why stop now?

Alrighty. Time to go. I should have been doing other things besides writing on here anyway. Why is it that you don't blog for like a month, and then you do it a few times in one day/weekend?

4 comments:

Susie said...

Wait, orientation is during Memorial Day weekend? That's sucky. At least I get to wait until Tuesday after Memorial Day to start my job.

Julie said...

I don't even have to do anything! I am just gonna sit on the couch all day and watch ANTM marathons, eating whatever food is in the house. Also, I fixed your keychain. It seems pretty sturdy.

Anonymous said...

"I got to play Rock Band, which was fun, but I kind of just like Guitar Hero. Call me a purist if you will, I don't know."

PURIST!!!!

Katherine said...

Hey Bethany... you actually read this blog! Cool. I thought you might just have someone read it to you over dinner.