Saturday, May 10, 2008

Eleven Hours

... between the time I got to the 'backer, and the time I went to sleep.

I suppose I'll rehash some of the things Julie has talked about... Chances are, if you're reading this, you've probably already experienced these events with us anyway, so what's one more re-telling of them? I'll try to throw in some original material though.

Soooo I'm done with school. That's kind of weird. Really weird. Well, I guess I'm technically going to grad school, then hopefully med school... which reminds me, I get to work on those applications again. YES! . HTML joke. I am AWESOME. Anyways, I'll hopefully start on those this week.

My senior design presentation went surprisingly well. I felt like I looked like a slacker during it because I spoke for all of like, 2 minutes of the 25 minute presentation, so I tried to compensate by answering questions. I felt that we were pretty strong on the Q&A side, and we ended up getting a good grade. I mean, I wasn't expecting a bad grade, but I wasn't expecting one as high as what we got. So good job team! The report was due the following Friday, and I ended up staying up until 7am working on formatting the thing. That was not fun. I guess I just didn't realize how much work it would be. I went to Legends to turn in the report, had a drink with my fellow chegs (frozen long island... mmm) and the prof, then went home. I'm sure we had an awesome weekend. Oh right. It was study days.. Hmmm. I'm sure we were at the backer. Whatever. Oh that was the weekend Julie's friend came. And the after party at Merten's house. I think Julie's covered those.

So last night was really fun. I was surprised by how much fun the backer was in the early evening. It was nice to be able to sit down and play drinking games and observe the transformation from "restaurant and bar" to "bar" I suppose. After midnight, when the students started getting there, it got really really packed. It was like, football weekend packed. Very hard to move, took a long time to get drinks, really hot, etc. I don't even know who I was talking to there were so many people around me. Caitlin came! Which was awesome. I hope she had fun.. It seemed like she did. haha.

The 'backer after party last night was pretty intense. A lot of people came back with us. And it got pretty sentimental. We had to say goodbye to Dave and Phil, since this was pretty much the last time we were going to see them. That was surprisingly sad. It's like, I knew it was coming, but you just don't know until it happens I guess. Bethany was really sad, and it was making me sad. I don't know why I was so surprised by this. Probably because she's usually not that emotional. But she said some very nice things. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm just saying. I didn't cry, but I don't usually cry about serious things. I didn't cry at my high school graduation, which was good, seeing as I had to give a speech. And all my friends were crying as I was talking. That was pretty intense (but also kind of funny. I made the guys cry with a video I made. That made it worth it.. haha). Anyways, just so people know, just because I don't cry, doesn't mean I'm not just as sad as you.

I still don't think the fact that I'm leaving has hit me yet. I'm like.. I just don't know what to think. It's a lot harder to think about because it's not like we'll all see each other when we "go back home" 'cause we're not all from the same places. I mean, these are friendships I'm willing to put some effort into, and I'm sure we'll make plans to meet up a couple times a year at least. I've been pretty good about keeping in touch with people from high school, so I have faith. It's just going to be so strange not seeing these people everyday, and it just doesn't seem fair that it has to happen so quickly. And things could have been so different too. I'm glad I decided to venture out of my dorm to find friends, not that those people aren't cool, but I never would have met Julie and Caitlin, and Susie. I would have met Bethany though, cause we're in the same major. Ha. But you know, I probably would have just thought "oh she's that nerdy girl who actually pays attention and takes notes in class instead of doing the crossword puzzle."

SO to change the subject slightly, my brother is coming in on Wednesday. I'm kind of excited, because we don't get to spend a lot of time together, especially not sans the rest of the family, so this will be fun. There is one minor problem though: his flight gets in at 10 and there's something I want to go to that I have to be at by 10:30. I'll see what I can do. Only a week of fun stands in my way to being a college graduate, so I'm sure I can think of something.

So just as Dave finally washed his completely disgusting pants, I finally cleaned my room yesterday, so I can actually work at my desk. This may have been more beneficial when I actually had work to do. But hey, now I can sit here and blog, so it's still cool. And today we went to the mall. After waking up at 1. Awesome. Initially, I was supposed just sort of be the chauffer (I don't know how to spell that). But then I bought a dress that's the same color as my glasses (awesome), and some yellow pants (everyone needs a pair of yellow pants), and a few t-shirts, including a Star Wars one. And then I got my woot shirt in the mail today. It's so cute! It was awesome. I hadn't been shopping in forever. I forgot how much I love it. And now the Gap has good stuff. So that was good. And then I got some dresses from my mom in the mail, so I tried those on again. It was a good time. I gave Bethany, Susie, and Caitlin a little mini-fashion show.

Oh and I got a gap card. Uh ohhh. I feel like I've been putting that off for a long time, and it does make sense for me to get one, since I shop at Gap a lot. I should get some good coupons out of the deal, I think. Anyways, I've been writing for too long, so I'll end this now.

And I think I made 2 new facebook friends yesterday.

No comments: