Thursday, May 15, 2008

Special Guest Posting (images now work correctly)

Hello blog. This is Katherine's brother Phil, or as I was so affectionately dubbed by the people who I assume read this, "boy Katherine". I've been left unattended in my sister's apartment for about an hour now, and decided to blog because
A. I told my sister she sucked at it about a week ago
B. it was already logged in
C. I realized I'd been watching Home Improvement for like two hours and that's kind of lame. 

while i could go and talk about my day or recent events, the fact that this blog's target demographic is not familiar with me and what i do, there would be no context for the events. So as background information, I've been in California for the better part of a year, i was working in the deli at Albertsons, going to school and taking an art class. So, for the recent events and such going on, or "traditional blog material". this week has been slightly busy, or more so than usual, anyway. Sunday was my last day working. Me and Chris, who was some guy i worked with, were sitting by the sandwich making area, discussing the ethics involved with making personal lunch sandwiches for people. When you ask for mayonnaise and mustard on the same sandwich, you're compromising the integrity of both condiments for anyone else who orders them. Because we're lazy and not going to wash off the spatula after doing that. Now no one has ever complained, been like "Hey, dildo! you got mustard in my mayo!" but that was always a concern i had. Chris and i were discussing this in such a manner 
"oh dude, you're lazy too?" "yeah, man, fuck that mayonnaise. i'm puttin mustard in it."
one thing led to another, and we came up with a great invention idea.
drumroll mustayo!

that's a concept image, the actual product will have mayonase and mustard in the same setting though. 

we'll make millions. millions. 


anyway, monday i packed everything i own up because expedia said i could only bring one checked bag and one carry on bag on to the plane, so i had to mail all my stuff home, cost me 160 dollars, pretty gay. Then i sat around watching hbo on demand for a couple of hours. It's a world of excitement you people are getting a glimpse into today, i'm telling you. No idea what kind of crazy stuff goes on here. Tuesday I took this girl i worked with on a date to this italian restaurant mama d's. I planned it out all romantically and such, because i'm probably never going to see her again so i should go out with a bang, so to speak. anyway, i had been kind of seeing her for about a month and about two weeks in to that process, this other, more homosexual girl that i know starts talking to her, and by the third date she's basically gay and i'm wasting my time, but wasting time is something i excel at. When i started writing that it seemed more interesting than it looks now. Wednesday i set off to John Wayne Airport, which is a non smoking facility. This is bullshit. this is why

what is that in his right hand there? between the index and middle finger?


you fucking know it.


so anyway, got to sit next to a baby for four hours. she had a hot enough mom, and you know she puts out, however my application for acceptance in to the mile high club is still in processing somewhere, and therefore the baby was just annoying.  Two hour layover in cincinatti. One interesting fact about cincinatti, there's one in kentucky. i was not aware of this. that's actually where i was. 


Let me tell you about kentucky. It's residents (on whom i am now an expert from interacting with the ones working at the chick fil a at the airport) talk funny. There was not a kentucky fried chicken in the airport. i would have been disappointed if i knew i was in kentucky, not ohio. Actually, kentucky's residents are basically exactly how you probably think they are in your head. There was a smoking room in that airport though. It's weird to me that an airport named after someone who smoked is non smoking and an airport named after the city that it's in and the fact that it's an airport is smoking accessible. After my visit to Kentucky, i embarked on my 30 minute flight to south bend regional airport, got there, picked up my bags, no problems or memorable occurrences, Left the airport to be bombarded with "NEED CAB?" which i did, but they just seemed way too eager about it. Now, let me tell you about my cabdriver. He came here from Rwanda, talks like Borat, and is not very good at driving. He did not know where we were going, either. At one point he asked me to get out and get directions. Now, I'm not a cab driver, i don't ride in cabs regularly, and i don't claim to be some kind of a cab expert, but one, i think you're supposed to turn off the meter when you're driving in circles because you're lost, two, you're not supposed to get lost anyway, and three, if you do have to get directions, don't make your passenger get out and do it. I'm not driving. that's absolutely absurd.


I'm not going to get in a cab with a specific destination in the future, only if I'm on some kind of vengeance mission or something, where i would mainly just say "anaheim and 5th street!" hand him a wad of money and tell him to step on it, or something like "follow that car!"


actually i want to get in a cab saying that just to see if he would actually do it. but i don't have enough money to spend it doing things of that nature


Anyway, i got here and that's about the end of it. Well folks, i hope you enjoyed this window into my personal life. Hope by reading this you don't just feel like you're occupying your time but perhaps i may have enlightened or encouraged you in some way to better your own life. If i somehow did that with what i just said, i have the investment opportunity of a lifetime for you. contact Katherine for my information if needed.



Anyway, Boy Katherine, signing off.

No comments: