Thursday, May 15, 2008

Senior Week

Well, I keep meaning to provide updates on all the crazy senior week activities before I forget, but this may be difficult. So I just wanted to post a couple things, a snapshot, if you will.

Saturday: Woke up, hung out with the may guests that spent the night in apt. 7 and 8. Katherine looked naked under he blanket. Nick woke up alone. Katherine gave birth to Bethany. Phil left. Then we went shopping for dresses, went to mass, and later went to the Backer. Most memorable part? Oscar almost getting in a fight with some huge tools.

Sunday: Cubs game. We went to Bar Louie before the game for a drink and a bit of food. We being me and Katherine. Susie and Caitlin met us there. Nick Schott, Andrea, Spiderman and various other band kids were there as well. It was raining, but the rain stopped for the game. They gave everyone with a uterus a free pink hat. It was really cold. Katherine wasn't allowed to buy a drink because of her underage ID. I almost bought an overpriced sweatshirt because I was cold, but thought better of it. Katherine, Nick and I left after the 7th inning stretch to pick up Spiderman from McDonalds, where he had ended up after a day of drinking with some trumpet alumni. Regular Spiderman is funny, but drunk spiderman is unreal. He was the highlight of the day. We then headed over to Cubby Bar where I saw my other friend Katherine. People kept asking us if we smoked, because I think they were doing a survey or something. We watched the remainder of the game on the 50 flat screens they had scattered about (ok, 50 was an exaggeration). Afterwards, we went to taco bell, then took one of the last buses home. Spiderman and Nick proceeded to do their own personal post rally, which was weird but also funny, especially considering the fact that we were on the drunk kids bus where no one seemed to mind much. Here are Nick's amazing lyrics to the tune of Africa:
Its gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
Theres nothing that a hundred seats or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Chicago
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had...
Later that evening we went to Andrea's surprise party, where we waited in the dark for awhile (which was actually kind of funny.) Then they had cake and whatnot, and later someone brought a blacklight and a dance party ensued.

Monday: Um...don't quite remember much of the day (other than eating at Perkins with Bethany), but in the evening we went over to Bethany and Katherine's classmate's house where he had a bonfire. It was nice to go to one, I hadn't been in such a long time! And smores are delish! We also went to the Backer to see the end of the band bar crawl. We determined that I was the coolest person there because A) I was not in the band B) I was not an RA and C) I was not an engineer. Cool points for me! I even worked hard to bust up the cupid shuffle. We saw John there, who had opened a tab. I wonder how much he regretted this decision (after seeing the bill...) The night got a little fuzzy. But there are also photos for that.

Tuesday: I woke up and got ready for Cedar Point in about 15 mins or something crazy. And I forgot my ticket, but they let me go anyway because my name was on the list. Sooo...I was pretty mad that I fell asleep during the end of 10 Things I Hate About You on the bus. Then they played Anchorman....again. Seriously, no movie variety on the senior week buses? Cedar Point was pretty fun. My favorite ride was Millennium Force. I only rode 3 rides...but I did get to lie in the sun for awhile, which was very refreshing. The lines were pretty long because it was high school physics day.

Wednesday: I spent the day running around, making a power hour in GarageBand, went to the Gug tour where I took too many pictures of peoples' personal items, and then had the power hour itself. I was proud of myself for that mix. Later we went to the Senior Ball. It was nice to see so many people I knew, all dressed up. Can I just use this opportunity to say that See You Again is sooo catchy? Anyway, after the ball, we went to the backer. There were six people who went. And we were the only non-townies. On the plus side, I didn't care, and DJ Drew played all our songs AND read my mind. We decided that an after party was necessary. Boy Katherine, who you have read about below, came over and realized how much he had in common with Spiderman. Caitlin was quite giggly. We watched my DVD, listened to 80s music, and ate Brats. And no one spilled popcorn!

I guess this ended up being pretty long. Woops. I will talk about today tomorrow, after today happens.

1 comment:

Oscar said...

Those guys WERE tools!!! That's all I have to say.