Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Monday...

I guess I'll take the hint from Julie and write a little bit about what I've been up to...

I'm at home right now, not in Fort Worth. I came back for Father's Day and what-not and since I don't have class until Tuesday night, why head back to do nothing on Monday? Plus my mom and I took our cars to get them detailed. I'm pretty excited about that. I need to wash all the salt/chemical/whatever stuff builds up under your car from being in the snow. Plus I don't think my upholstery has been cleaned in two years. 

My apartment is getting there. I don't have a kitchen table yet, but I found one I want. It's the same one that these people had at this condo at ND. Like a corner booth type thing. Now the issue is finding the money to pay for it. I hope I can get a job for a short amount of time.

That's another thing. Getting a job right now is looking more and more appealing when compared to 5 more years of school. Sigh. That's something I need to think about, but I guess I'm in an okay position right now to do that. 

I think I'm going to be shadowing a doctor tomorrow. Haven't gotten the email back yet, so we'll see what happens. 

Whoa! Julie just called me! 

We're talking about some very interesting things right now... hahahaha. Like what happened to us on Friday night. It appears we both got drunk-dialed. Not by the same person, mind you. Heh heh.

Well that was fun. Julie says I should apply to med school in Chicago so I can be her roommate. I guess I'll think about it. Speaking of that, the last thing I need to do is work on my personal statement. I guess I have one I've written already, but I'd like to change it up a little bit. So hopefully that will be done this week. I need motivation. I get so lazy sometimes. I really need a job. And a kitchen table. 

So Fort Worth is a pretty cool city, and there are lots of things to do here, but I just need to find people to do them with me.. Haha. Rick Springfield was there doing a show Friday night. The only thing I know that he sings is Jesse's Girl. Obviously, I didn't go.

The new X-Files movie comes out in... 39 days, I think. That's pretty exciting. If you knew me in middle school/high school when this show was still on the air, you'd understand. 

Wow. My brother is listening to the Pokemon theme song in his room. Weirdo. "Ohhh you're my best friend.. in a world we must defend.." Ahem. Anyways..

Oh now it seems he's Rick-Rolling everyone. This is not "boy-Katherine" who wrote on here a few weeks ago.. It's the younger one.  My family is weird. So is our cat. She comes into my room at night and jumps on me and wakes me up. It kind of sucks. Good thing I'm leaving tomorrow morning. 

Ooh. I'm getting a washer/dryer delivered on Wednesday. That is so exciting. I'm really looking forward to not having to walk my laundry through a parking lot.  Hmmm someone's playing guitar hero in the other room. and someone else just put Rick Astley on again. 

Alrighty, well I guess that's enough for now, since nothing really interesting has happened to me. Later!

No comments: