Thursday, November 27, 2008

2nd post in a few hours...

So rumor on the street is that good ole' CW might be canned pretty soon. Now, I'd like a NC as much as anyone, but sometimes I have a hard time letting go. I think this situation is a perfect example.

I'm not sure why I like CW so much. I mean, I'm not a HUGE fan of him, but he seems nice enough. Ok, actually, he's kind of an ass, I think. But for some reason I've accepted that. I've also accepted his poor performance. I just keep hoping he'll do better. He'll improve, he's young, inexperienced, immature. He's good at getting recruits to like his coaching well enough to actually commit to ND. But once they are there, what happens to them? They don't live up to potential. He kind of lets them down. He's still hung up on his golden boys, BQ, Marge, etc. He probably begged them not to go, but they had no choice. They had bigger and better things to do. He's still bitter. And now with the new kids, he just can't get the job done, he fails them.

But still, I am holding on, in the off chance that maybe next year will be the year. Next year he will suddenly realize how to develop young players. But probably not. I can't see us staying together for the long haul. He's no Lou. But still, there is something about him I just can't get over, and I realize that it's illogical and facts (and a 3-9 record) speak for themselves. Still, I want him to stay, maybe just for a little while. I'm afraid we'll part on bad terms. That's always awkward. To make matters worse, he's probably flirting with the NFL. Practically cheating on us. But maybe we are to blame. Who'd blame a guy who's getting all this crap from the fans?

Ok, so maybe no one else wants him. That makes me want to keep him even more. He's ours. How could we have picked wrong AGAIN? Why can't THIS coach work out? Should we give him more time? Or should we just cut and run? Maybe the next time we hang out he will redeem himself...or not. He's hot, then he's cold.

But remember all the good times we had? Winning games every weekend? Going to bowl games? Scoring? Having game? Those were some good times! We were harder, better, faster, stronger, and kind of nasty. What happened?

Can we still be friends, CW? Or would that be too painful? How can we be lovers if we can't be friends?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tebow is a guy,
yeah, I know he'd been
a good quarterback
But in college something changed
that ain't hard to define
Tebow got himself a coach
and I want to make him mine
And he's teaching him all those plays
And he's lovin' him with that spiral,
I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's coaching him
in his fields late,
late at night

You know, I wish that I had Tebow's coach,
I wish that I had Tebow's coach
Where can I find a head coach like that?


YOU KNOW IT'S LATE BECAUSE THIS POST IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!

No comments: