Thursday, November 27, 2008

Deep Thoughts

So I really wish I could utilize Facebook's vast store of information. I wish you could do things like see charts of how your friend network is organized, or who in your friend network has the most other friends, or who has the most friends in common with you in one click. I think it also would be interesting if you could somehow tell who in someone's network are close friends and who are more of acquaintances. It would also be cool to pick out people on facebook who have a large number of friends and then send them questionaires to see what personality traits they have in common.

I know, I'm a nerd.

In other thoughts, in cultures where people read from right to left, would they do better in video games that scroll from right to left (like older mario games), or would it make a difference? If there was a difference, how long would it take them to adapt? Or could they ever adapt?

Do birds blink? They probably do, but I can't picture them having eyelids.

I just discovered that F11 does some weird stuff. This computer is really slow and I'd like to wipe it clean and reinstall everything, but I fear I lack the computer know-how to accomplish this task.

Anyway, I forgot what else I was going to say. Boy am I ever interesting (that's sarcasm for those of you who need some help with things like that.)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Maybe our experienced facebook application maker could work on that for us...

I have also had these thoughts in the past. There used to be a network web-like thing you could look at on facebook... "visualize my friends" I think it was..