Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You will probably be bored if you read this. It's more for me than for you anyway.

I don't dream anymore. Maybe.

Anyway, I've been totally MIA lately. Here are some life bullet points:
  • The last time I blogged was Oct. 19th. That was a long time ago. I am looking at my calendar and trying to remember what I did. Apparently that week I saw a movie (Was that when I went with Wazi to Brew and View? We saw Pineapple Express and Stepbrothers...stupid, but funny.)
  • I made my first visit to Spiderman and Brad's apartment. It was pretty entertaining. Ty got embarrassed, Brad's rat crawled up his shirt, and I discovered the trumpet accent.
  • That week was the week of Halloween. On Thursday I went to Gino's East with Katherine, Amanda, Wazi and Allison, where we got a ton of food for very cheap. I still have those cookies...
  • I took off work early on Friday to catch the train with Oscar. We then met Katherine in Gary, where I was disappointed to not see MJ. We got to ND in time to see marchout, which was basically a Halloween costume parade set to ND music. Katherine and I went to CVS to buy my costume and get some RTD pomogranate mojitos. We proceeded to go to Dave's and drink it, like the freeloaders we often are. Yada yada yada (and only because I don't remember what happened during this time period), we ended up at the Backer, which was typical.
  • Saturday was tailgatetastic. We visited the Carroll guys' tailgate, and Mader's tailgate, and the Allare's tailgate (where we saw Tigger from last halloween, this time dressed as buzz lightyear), and ended up at that old trumpet guy's tailgate. Quote of the day: Me: "What's your real name?" Maddog: "Mad"
  • (there was a football game)
  • We took a nice long walk to Martin's to buy plastic silverware for Dave, then we all ate pasta and didn't introduce ourselves to the whole room.
  • Backer was especially good that evening, though I can't remember why exactly. RCK decided to celebrate EVERYONE's birthday that night and bought us all shots. Pete was there, and I know that because I made a song up about it to the tune of that Shake It song. There was even an after party, but unfortunately a bunch of people were sleeping in the living room, which really put a damper on the "party."
  • Bethany stayed with me for a few days that week because she had an interview. We watched a Steeler's game at Durkins, (after meeting some creepy old guy at Trinity during our dinner...), and stayed up way too late talking.
  • My birthday was on election day. People were pretty excited about Obama since he is the hometown guy. We went out to lunch at work for my b-day, which was nice, although we changed locations at the last minute and some people went to the wrong place..ooops! After work, and after voting and getting free coffee from Starbucks, we went to Trinity, which was hopping for a Tuesday evening! People kept buying me drinks...work was tough the next day as a result.
  • That Friday, I had a pretty chill night with Gail and Carol. We kind of ended up talking about depressing stuff, but it was still oddly enjoyable. Probably the company, not the topic.
  • Saturday I went to dinner and Durkin's for Katherine G's birthday. It was fun, and a good distraction from the horrible game. The evening ended at Duffy's...how typical. The night also ended with a crowded futon...interestingly, the air mattress was empty, but I couldn't use it because I was being the girl buffer.
  • I went to brunch the next day at a place called Nookie's with Laura. That is a funny name for a restaurant in Boystown.
  • Wednesday was chock full of work activities, starting with bowling. I was pretty awesome (for me). After scoring my 2nd game, one of my co-workers wrote bullshit next to my score because I got so many extra points from strikes and spares at the end of the game...heh. We also had our last kickball game...the finals! We actually lost quite badly, but I did get the pleasure of catching a ball with my face. A couple of us returned to the bowling alley afterward for a free drink since apparently someone had started a tab...
  • This past weekend, Bethany, Nick, and Phil came in town. Friday we had some drinks at a bar downtown for Laura's birthday, then we went to dinner with Wazi and friends, and ended up being lazy at my apartment, where we discovered the BEST show EVER...MANswers!!!!
  • We were well rested to go to Victory for the game watch at 11 am on Saturday. The game was ok, the end pretty much caused half the bar to have a heart attack. After this, we sat around then went to Gino's for pizza and wine. (We did not need the huge bottle...Phil). We walked over to Wrigleyville and had a pint...or liter, depending on the person, at uberstein, where we were met by Dolu, the African Prince. Shortly thereafter we met up with Mike's trolley pub crawl and went to three bars. My favorites were the Apartment (which wasn't quite hopping when we were there), and McFaddens. There was dancing, and drinking, and game, and no game, and phone-losing, and clinging, and people wearing sportscoats and scarves...an interesting night. What was more interesting was that there were 5 people sleeping in my apartment. Bethany and I had to share an air mattress...be jealous.
  • Sunday was a lot of lying around, some political discussion, some shooting the shit, and some vomit. Other than the vom, I enjoyed just talking to people, sitting around, making jokes, talking about serious things, etc. I missed the morning afters that we had in college where whoever happened to pass out in the same place would all just hang out the next morning.
Ok, enough of that. If you cared enough to read this, you are all caught up on the most public parts of my life. Maybe I will post about something interesting sometime soon.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Sigh, I miss you too.

(Also, is "vom" really used as an abbreviation? Or...just a random one used once?)

Susie said...

(The "too" being in reference to the fact that I just left a comment on Katherine's post saying that I miss her...yeah.)