Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Now with ENTHUSIASM!!

We were looking at pictures from our robot party and they were so funny! I mean, how many parties have you been to that involve an emo robot, daft punk, a jewbot and hitler robot, and robot sex!?! We need to have another backer power hour because we love our friends so much! They are pretty much awesome. As are we.

Today Katherine and I went to Rolfs. It was good to get out of the apartment and exercise. While Katherine rode the bike (which I did for about five minutes, when I learned of Brett Favre's retirement on TV), I ran an 8 minute mile, which felt great! Maybe if I trained more I could get back into racing shape. Then I checked out a basketball and shot around. Some men on the court next to us asked me if I wanted to play with them, but I was slightly intimidated. Katherine soon came and we shot around for a bit.

Katherine sometimes acts like a 40 year old woman. She likes cooking and television, and wearing feathery hats. She also talks about all those kittens her cat had. If that doesn't scream crazy cat woman, I don't know what does!

Back to the story. Neither of us had played basketball for a long time, but I think we did ok. We made some baskets and even briefly thought about forming a bookstore team! Then we had a nice walk through campus before going to the main building to pick up my transcripts. It was a nice day outside, for South Bend. Then we went into Riley where we saw Ron, who had gotten a haircut and was looking for a scanner. We talked about how we watched the same Arrested Development episodes last night. What a strange coincidence! Since Katherine and I were hungry, we decided to get some sandwiches from Decio. We got there just in time to get sandwiches! They were pretty yummy! Then after my phone interview, we went to Between the Buns for cheap cheeseburger night. We got to watch Jeopardy at our table and also had some deliciously huge onion rings. Then, on a whim, we decided to play trivia. We did well at the beginning, but had trouble in the middle. The half time question was about NASCAR...COME ON! So we made up some pit stop jobs (like tire holder and tire screwer and gas man). Going into the last round, we were tied for last. But then, we knew the last question, about the Best Picture Oscar in a certain year (we knew the answer from watching the Oscars at Fischer Grad mass...it was My Fair Lady. I hate that movie.) Anyway, we risked all 20 points and ended up coming in third! What a comeback!

We got some interesting prizes, such as a Captain Morgan visor (which looks great on Katherine Morgan), a $10 gift certificate, and a car magnet, which we found a great use for.

All in all it was a stupendous day!! Whoever said spring break in South Bend would be boring?

2 comments:

Susie said...

I gotta say...Julie's version is so much better than Katherine's. But I think everyone knew that.

Katherine said...

by the way... we don't even have any of those kittens anymore. And I've worn a feathery hat ONCE.

psh