Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break-The 2nd Half

Short recap of the rest of break...

Wednesday- I ran around trying to get all my stuff in order. I got a little print out of my initial PDF portfolio, submitted my resume somewhere, and did some other little chores. Then it was off to CHICAGO!! We got to Amanda's neighborhood and stopped in a bar called Raven's that offered cheap Smithwick's. We ended up at that bar on 4 different occasions (that day). We also ate at a restaurant later and had this really awesomely emo waiter wearing all black with an "i'm so depressed and foreign" accent. It was sweet.

Thursday- Woke up, went downtown, got some Jamba Juice, shopped a little, went to the Art Institute, met Amanda, ordered pizza, watched Lost and Saved! My favorite part of the Art Institute were the tiny rooms.

Friday- I woke up early and went to see my relative's printing company. I saw lots of large printers and all sorts of other print-related equipment that would probably bore most people. I also got some job search tips from some graphic designers. That evening, me, Bethany, Susie, Bethany, Ponge, Bethany, and Amanda got pasta and then went to some bars with Pete and Bethany. The Raven bar was very packed, but no one was dancing. Alas, it was no Backer.

Saturday- Woke up late, ate some crepes, came home, listened to some sweet sweet tunes on the way, watched Arrested Development, napped, and then Ponge and I went to the Backer where we were served strong LITs. And we saw those chicks who tried to get in fights with our group that one random Thursday last month.

Sunday- Lazy. Went to FOG mass, ate lots of free mini fried things, learned that grad students love ConAir, and came back to watch Donnie Darko.

Yeah, maybe Katherine will go into more detail. Well, probably not about Saturday night. I'll have to blog about THAT one...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how incredibly forgotten I was in that post. You listed Katherine twice, but no Bethany. I believe it went like this: "That evening, me, Susie, Katherine, Ponge, and Amanda got pasta and then went to some bars with Pete." Blah, blah, blah, by the way Bethany was there too. Is that so hard? You know, it really hurts me when you forget about me, Julie. You never think of poor Betthany.

Katherine said...

Well hey, she split me in half or something? How do you think that makes me feel? Or maybe she thinks I have multiple personalities...

Julie said...

I think you will find my edits more to your liking. Also, it took you guys a really long time to respond to my post. Are you not reading the blog regularly? It really hurts me that my posts often go unnoticed for days.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is satisfactory.